(GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION)
1. Our website is operated by I.M.S LTD/Sussex Ambulance, This means that we are responsible for, and control the processing of, the personal information you provide to us when using our website an accordance with our services.
2. I.M.S LTD/Sussex Ambulance understands that customers care about the use an storage of their personal information and we value your trust in allowing us to do this in a careful and sensible manner. We have created this GDPR policy statement in order to demonstrate our commitment to the privacy of our customers.
3. By using I.M.S LTD/Sussex Ambulance website, our social media pages, or any website connected with us, our booking lines, you acknowledge that we are processing your personal information and where necessary consenting to such practices, as outlined in this statement.
Personal information which we collect
We collect personal information about you and others if their personal information is provided by you or some one involved in your care when you :
1. Make or manage a booking either personally or by a care industry
2. Register details on any of our social media or website pages.
3. Request information,
4. Enquire about or apply for any of our services either by phone or through our “Contact us” form on our website or social media site.
5. Post content on our social media site or our website.
6. Complete customer feedback or surveys as part of using our services.
7. Raise a complaint or dispute with us or are involved in a legally record-able incident at our premises or with any vehicle or part of I.M.S LTD/Sussex Ambulance.
8. Speak to one of our representatives through the booking line.
9. Use our website and customer applications in any way.
The personal information collected in the above manner may include the following about you and others involved with any aspect of your care or booking our services.
Date of birth
Supplementary information (i.e. care)
Payment details for the transaction (destroyed after processing)
Personal information provided by third parties
We may receive information about you from Hospitals , Nurses , careers, Doctors or any body involved with your care trying to book our services. Which we will use to help us to provide you with the products and services in accordance with your requirements. We aim to ensure that all data provided to us is maintained properly. We may also obtain information about you from social media or from third party websites where you have left commentary feedback about ourselves.
How we use your information
We will collect personal information:
1. In order to take the necessary steps in preparation to fulfil your requirements when using our services.
Bookings – provide communications with yourselves or some one involved in your care about your booking
Bookings and updates – contact you or anyone involved in your care in an event of a change that affects your booking i.e. send details of new, amended or cancelled booking.
Website, social media – provide notifications of any changes to our services that may affect you.
Customer service communication- provide you with requested information or correspondence, such as a response from us to an enquiry made by you.
2. With your consent:
Payments- we will take card payments over the phone in which we put them into World Pay for processing, once payment in settled all details are destroyed.
Keeping details- Details provided by yourselves or someone associated with your care are kept till the booking is complete and then dry stored within a locked room for 7 years for reference,
3. In our legitimate interest ( improve our services)
Market research – to contact you and others provided with your care to ask about your experience using our services, this would be with in 7 days of using our services and is not a marketing communication.
Product and service improvement- to improve our services.
We will never disclose or pass any personal information to any marketing source. Privacy is our upmost priority due to the delicate nature of our company .
We may send details to potential clients about the services we can offer.
How long we keep your personal information.
We retain your information for a range of purposes which determine the period of time for which we need to keep such information. For example
Data Retention period
Telephone bookings For the purpose of the transfer
For the purpose of marketing 7 Days after transfer to gain feedback
For compliance with legal obligations 7 Years in dry locked storage
We will remove and destroy your data from our systems and dry storage by secure shredding and incinerating at the end of these time periods.
Our approach to information security.
To protect your information, I.M.S LTD/Sussex Ambulance has policies and procedures in place to make sure that only authorised personnel can access the information, that information is handled and stored in a secure and sensible manner and all systems that can access the information have proportionate and reasonable security measures in place. To achieve this only management have access to any of these procedures.
While we take commercially reasonable measures to ensure the safety and security of your data, due to the inherent risks with the internet, we are unable to warranty the absolute security of your data when visiting any of our internet or social media sites.
Sharing your information
The information and data you or some one related to your care shares with I.M.S LTD/ Sussex Ambulance is important to us and we understand you care about the use and storage of your personal information, we value your trust in allowing us to do this.
We would not want to and do not share this with anyone else except with people involved in your care. We will never disclose, rent, trade or sell your personal information to any third parties for their marketing purposes.
How to reject and delete cookies:
Should you wish to reject or block cookies, you can do so at any time, usually by clicking help on your browser. Cookies are specific to individual browsers so if you use more than one browser, you will need to delete cookies on each one. Please be aware though that by rejecting cookies you may not be able to operate the website correctly.
If you have any queries about this policy,
Sue Hilton/ Scott Palmer-Jezard
In-Pulse Medical Services Ltd / Sussex Ambulance
Old Brighton Road